The second issue of Asparagus came out during the summer of 2020. You can pick up a copy from one of our fine stockists, order a copy online, or better yet, subscribe and save! In this issue, you'll enjoy:
- A cover story by Payal Dhar about the race to replace fossil fuels.
- Tessa Vikander's article about the challenges faced by trans prisoners in BC's prison system, with original illustrations by Bug Cru
- Lessons from a teen climate activist
- Columns from the Environmentalist from Hell and the Black Sheep Parent, the second instalment of The View from Inside, and our newest column, Monetary Values
- Plus: a Decider comparing glass bottles and aluminum cans, much ado about avocado, coral conservation in Thailand, kombucha as a metaphor for treaty, how to have a green period, a picture book that helps refugee kids integrate, and more!
All amounts in Canadian dollars (which tend to hover around 75 US cents). Cost of shipping included in magazine orders.